The British Universities Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) is the representative body for higher education finance staff in the United Kingdom. Our members are the Directors of Finance and Chief Financial Officers of almost all UK higher education institutions.
BUFDG has the following objectives:
- to be the recognised channel for the provision, analysis and dissemination of information and comment to all members and other stakeholders concerning best practice in financial management and related topics in higher education.
- to be the pre-eminent source for information, advice, support, and comment on matters of financial strategy and management in higher education in the UK.
- to promote high standards and best practice in accounting, audit and financial management in higher education.
- to provide appropriate opportunities for training and development of higher education finance directors and their staff.
- to work in partnership with related organisations to provide forums for discussion, consultation and exchange, both nationally and regionally.
All finance staff at these institutions have their own BUFDG account, which gives them access to this website, and to information resources on training, financial news and all the latest reports and developments in higher education finance.
BUFDG also includes the Higher Education Procurement Association (HEPA).
To find out more about BUFDG, visit the website: www.bufdg.ac.uk